Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cuz!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my cousin Karen in Arizona!
Should I tell everyone how OLD you are?
HA HA HA!
Even though I am older than you, I can make fun of you and pretend you are older since this is my blog and I can do anything I want!
But don't worry.  Since I'm nice I won't do that.
I would like to thank my Cuz for showing me and my hubby a nice time this past weekend.  She and her hubby were out here in L.A. for a few days.  We took turns taking each other out and on Saturday she took my hubby and I out to a wonderful place for lunch.  She also treated us to see our very first Harry Potter movie and I have to say, it was great.  It was the latest movie, the Half-Blood Prince.  I know everyone talks about how great these movies are and they are shocked when we say we have never seen one.  We have never bothered to go to one, but when she said she would treat us, we said, what the heck!  Free?  Why not!
So we saw the movie at an Imax theater and we really enjoyed it.  Now we want to go and rent all the other previous movies so we can catch up on them.
The funny thing is that we went to this apparently new area that is around the corner from Disneyland called "Garden Walk" in Anaheim.  My husband and I spend our weekends trying to find new places to walk around and hang out and we had been going through a dry spell not knowing where to go except to hang out at Barnes and Nobles and Target.  My cousin had to come all the way from out of state to show us what we had in our own backyard.  She also tells me stuff that is going on in my own family that I don't even know about.  She tells me something and I say, "I didn't even know that!  How come you are out of state and you know that and I don't?"  And then she says, "Do you ever call your mother?"  And I say, "Ok.  Never mind." 
Anyway, I hope you are having a good birthday today, Cuz, and to anyone else out there who might be sharing a birthday today or any other time this month I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Wishing everyone the Best Always,
Carol B.

1 comment:

.::dionna::. said...

Happy Birthday Karen!
:]