Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, BB!


"Oh, What a Lovely Life!"
Mixed media on paper

Today is my BB's Birthday!
I cannot believe my little baby is 30 years old!
Of course, I had her when I was only five. ;)
She is the most amazing young woman.
Of course, I always knew she would be.
And I am not saying that simply because she is my daughter.
Even when she was so very young, at least three or four, I knew she was going to be such a special person.
Always so positive, full of life, sociable and outgoing.
I knew she would put those qualities to good use in her life.
And she has.
Everyone I meet that knows hers says "You're Dionna's mom? Oh, you raised such a wonderful young woman!"
Well, of course! :D
But it was always in her, right from the start.
And so I join the many, many people in her life who wish her a happy birthday.
But I am the one who first saw her, thirty years ago, at 1:30 in the afternoon,
who wished her the first happy birthday,
and a joyous welcome to life.
And with all my love,
I wish an ever joyous life to my baby girl.

Happy Birthday, to the most beautiful young woman!
Love Always,
Mama.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for having her and allowing me to have such an awesome best friend/older sister/partner in crime/sanity restorer!!!!

You are both amazing women and I'm grateful!!
Angela :)

Carol B. said...

Thanks so much, Angela! Thank you for bringing such a great friend to my daughter! Say hi to your mom!

.::dionna::. said...

Thank you Mama for the beautiful post!
Thank you Angela for being such an AMAZING friend!
I love you both!