Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pomona Art Colony

Ok, so is this a beautiful painting or what?
It is just a small part of a mural that is painted on a building located in the Pomona Art Colony. A friend of mine was showing a couple of her paintings in the Pomona Valley Art Association so my hubby and I went down there to see them. Wish I could show them to you but not allowed to take photos.
My husband took a lot of other photos of this area and this mural was one of them. It's so large he couldn't take a photo of the whole thing without having to go so far back that you wouldn't really be able to see the details, so he photographed parts of it.
This was my favorite figure in the mural. Here is a close up:

Still not anywhere as magnificent as if you saw it in person.
Wish I could list the artist but couldn't find the name.
Whoever you are, you are fantastic!
If you're ever in the area, go check it out. There's lots of galleries and cool campy boutiques.
Now that we're inspired, let's go back and paint!
'Til later,
Carol B.

No comments: