Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Life Well Lived

I never knew who John Wooden was until I met my husband.
My husband told me all about the legendary man, who my husband looked upon as a father, the kind of man who was the perfect example of a life well lived.
In this new media where people can become famous for doing stupid things, the exemplary life of John Wooden is like a breath of fresh air.
His principals of a successful life are simple, direct, and something we would all do well to consider.
All those who know about the man are sad that he had to leave us. Nevertheless, we are happy for him because we know how much he wanted to be with his wife Nell, who passed away 25 years ago.
For me personally, I want to thank you, John Wooden, for showing me that it still pays to live an honorable life.
May we all learn from you.
God Bless,
Carol B.

No comments: