Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Final Image

And so here is the final image from that painting I showed you in my last post (you can compare by scrolling down).
Isn't it gorgeous?
I thought so. (If you click on the image you can enlarge it and see it even closer).
The only bummer is that I painted this in my sketchbook. Now I wished I had painted it on canvas!
I originally thought this was just going to be a practice painting, something where I would be playing with different techniques, and wouldn't you know it turned out good!
Oh well.
There is that matter of trust again.
Trusting that I can take out a canvas and work without fear and judgement and believe in myself enough to know that what comes out of me will be beautiful.
And knowing that if it doesn't, there's always gesso!
I was also really happy because I have not had much success with scanning my work, so I just photograph it, which means the image is not going to come out as good as if you scanned it. I don't know why my scanner never works properly. I don't know if it's me or the scanner. I really didn't think this was going to come out but I decided to give it a try. I didn't do anything differently than I usually do and this time it worked, just like that. Maybe because I moved my printer/scanner to a different, less cluttered room and it felt happier! ;p
Who knows. I'm just happy it worked.
Well, tomorrow is my birthday, and no, I'm not going to tell you how old I will be! :D
Tonight my son and his girlfriend are making me dinner! YeeHaw! We'll just be a small little group, my hubby and my kids, hanging out. We've found out that we have a much better time doing that than going to a restaurant like we used to. In a restaurant it's more formal and if you're not sitting next to someone you might not get to talk with them the whole time, so it's not as intimate. Not to mention that, of course, it's more expensive eating out. So not only does this save money, but we truly have a more wonderful time of sharing. If my husband or I take pictures, I'll try to post them.
So this is the last time I post at this age, so next time I'll be older. Ha Ha! Actually, I have a lot to say on this aspect and how the one great thing about the age thing is that I'm finally getting it into my head about the absolute necessity of self respect and self love, and how that is creating a turning point in my life.
Later on that.
For now, hope you have a great day and I'll save you some cake and ice cream!
(I won't really, but I thought it would be nice to say!)
Love,
Carol B.

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your work is very pretty!