Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Go Manny!

Tonight I'm going to my first Dodger game in ten years!
As excited as I am, it's nothing compared to my hubby.  I forgot to ask him when his last game was, but I know it has been longer than me (I went to my last game just before I met him).
You should have seen him when we went to Dodger Stadium to get our tickets this past Saturday.  He checked out the map to see where our seats were but then later we went into the stadium (which was empty).  The lower levels were blocked off so from the second to the highest level he was leaning over the rail, trying to find out seats.  I wish I had had my camera so I could have taken a picture of him, looking like a little boy, counting out the seats in deep concentration, to mark out the view he would soon get at his first ball game.
We have to leave extra early today because he wants to get there right when the gates open, which is two hours before the game.  He's hoping if we go early we can watch batting practice.  I hope so, too, if we're going that early!
So I'll eat a Dodger Dog and a bag of peanuts for you, and here's hoping our Dodgers win!
Go Manny!
'Til later,
Carol B.

update:  Dodgers: 7   Cardinals: 3
Go, Dodgers!

No comments: