Monday, August 17, 2009

My Baby

Here's a picture of my baby!

Ok.  So he's twenty four years old, so he doesn't exactly look like that anymore.
But he does to me!
Sniff.
Just tell me this;
why is it that when your kids are living in your home you think AREN'T THEY EVER GOING TO LEAVE?
And then, as soon as they're not there anymore you can hardly stand the silence?
My son still lives at home and he's not leaving forever.  He's only going to be gone for two weeks.
But still.
No music that you can't understand the lyrics and you don't want to playing.
No leaving the TV on in his room when he's actually spending time in the living room.
No leaving the TV on in the living room when he's actually spending time in his room.
No cigarette butts in the backyard that he says doesn't belong to him but belongs to the cat, a cat we don't have.
Sigh.
I remember when I was a young mother at home and people used to tell me "Enjoy your kids. They grow up so fast!"
And I would think "oh, brother.  They're never going to grow up."
And then, poof!
They're all grown.
So if you have young children, remember today to enjoy them.
They do grow up so fast.
My son doesn't read my blog but his girlfriend often does.
So Janine, if you're reading this, tell him I said,
"ERIC, HOW COME YOU DIDN'T CLEAN THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU LEFT??"
Sigh.
Kids.
'Til later,
Carol B.



1 comment:

.::dionna::. said...

hey... why is this all about Eric?!?

JUST KIDDING Mama!!
♥ you!