Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just Being Me

I keep wondering when it is that I will get the message that you don't have to be perfect to have your life matter.  
When I will stop saying, "yeah, I like my paintings, but what if someone else doesn't?"
"Yeah, I like my photos, but what if someone else doesn't?"
"Yeah, I like my writing, but what if someone else doesn't?"
Sigh.
I search and search other people's blogs, and the thing I like the most is when someone shows me their true self.  That is what I find the most magical.  
I look for others to share their true self, and I think what I am actually searching for is the courage to share my true self.
I want the courage just to be me.
How simple is that?
And yet, how hard is that?
So, once again I am saying
"I AM HERE!!"
And you know what?
That makes me very happy.  
I truly love being here, in Blogland.
I so miss being here.
I love writing here.
Besides, if I don't write here, then when I finally write to my out-of-state cousin I end up "talking" her ear off with all I have left unsaid.  I need to give her a break.  So I will write here instead.
So, Hello again, Blogland!
I will be here once again,
just being me.
Love to all,
Carol B.

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

How beautiful!
Is there any way you could make me a print of this piece? I checked your Etsy shop.

♥ maria-thérèse www.afiori.com