Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Painting Free

"Through Any Window"
Mixed Media on paper
18x24

I have been having a great time with this new style of painting.
New to me, that is.
No boundaries.
No limits.
What I am working on in life, as well as in my painting.
I started out with this background:


Actually went through several transformations.
It is teaching me not to be afraid of making a mistake.
Instead of hesitating, afraid to make one "wrong" brush mark, backing away in fear and putting the work aside, I now go for it, painting what I feel, and if it doesn't work, painting over it and working it again.
Now to do that in life!
I added my person:


Her closeup:

The painting is too big to scan so the colors are not exact, but you get the idea.
Painting Free!
Peace.
Carol B.

No comments: