Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thank You!

I just wanted to say to "bigk", thank you for commenting!  You are my first comment ever!  I don't even know how you found me, as I just started.  But thank you for sharing, and thank you for your kind comment about my painting.  I do hope to get on a roll and keep painting and keep posting.
As for commenting about the post I did called "Identity" and how a mother might react to a child's death, I do have to say that the mother involved in this particular incident has had a much more difficult time.  I don't blame her.  But I do know that this particular father was really close to his son.  I know that all fathers love their children, but this person was much closer to his son than I have seen a lot of fathers be.  From what I understand, they were really close and did everything together, like best friends.  And this man is not a macho guy.  He is very kind and sensitive.  I am a mother myself, so I could be prejudice in saying a mother might feel more, but who knows what people feel in the very deepest part of their heart?  
The only thing I can say for sure is what I was saying for myself, and that is I know I have gone through some pretty devastating things that I had allowed to create a negative identity for myself.  That got me nowhere.  It has taken a long time to get out of it, but it is possible to create a new identity as a strong, creative Woman of Worth, and it is creating that identity that is helping me to live a new life.  
Here is to all of us standing up, "bigk", and shouting that we will be the Best We Can Be, and letting nothing stop us!
Carol B.

No comments: