Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OMG! It's the Crafty Chica!

Yesterday, one of my dreams came true as I met Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka the Crafty Chica!  
As I wrote yesterday, she is appearing at select Michael's Craft stores, promoting her new product line.  I am the happy person on the left, holding one of her great craft books, "Art de la Soul" which she signed for me.  If you don't have this book, get your copy!  Not only does it have the most fun craft ideas, but she has a running diary in which she reveals the successes as well as the mishaps of a crafter's life.
I was so nervous all day yesterday, knowing I was going to meet her.  When my husband came home from work he tip-toed around me cuz he knows how I get when I am that nervous.
Grrrrr!
We got to Michael's early where me, my husband, and my daughter, who joined us, looked around til Kathy got there.
And, oh, was she the nicest person!  
I had taken a picture of my avatar, the little angel with the wings that I use as my icon, to show her so that she might know who I am, since I often write to her.  My daughter made fun of me.
"Oh, mom!  She put up the picture of you on her blog, the one you sent her when you bought her stuff.  She'll recognize you!"
And she did!
"Of course, Carol," Kathy said.  "I recognize you."
We talked with Kathy and took pictures and she signed my book.  We mingled with all the other Crafty Chica fans.  My husband, daughter, and I spent a long time talking to her husband, Patrick Murillo, who does most of the artwork for her line.  He was the nicest, most down to earth person.  We had the greatest time!
After staying there for a long time, we finally said our good-byes and left.  I am telling you, I was on Cloud Nine!
As we walked to our car my husband gave me a hug and a kiss.
"I hope you had a good time," he said, knowing I did!
"Yes," I said.  "Thank you for joining me!"
Sigh.
It was a moment I will never forget.
Still floating on Cloud Nine,
Carol B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of you two! That's so cool that she remembered you too! I'll have to check her stuff out - thanks for introducing her to me through your blog.
emily :)

catboxartstudio said...

Good for you for meeting the Queen of Glitter and Craft! I wish I could have been there. Cute picture of the two of you!